Monday, September 17, 2012

Plain & Simple Farmhouse Vignettes

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Just when I thought we could settle down, checkerboard our kitchen floor,
spend some free time to finish the kitchen/keeping room,
Life Happened . . .


Not a bad life happening--

John was on a job with a contractor last week--into this one--so the floor is on hold until they finish. . .
And, it's not that I had nothing else to do--I'm just anxious to see how the floor will turn out. . .
I've dreamed of one for years now. . .


But, that's the way life goes around here.
I can wait a few more days. . . . 

It's off to other projects this week for me. . . .
while I wait. . . .

Cleared off the kitchen cabinet tops. . . .


and, played with a couple of vignettes. . . .


utilizing the vintage enamel pan,
ironstone and a bread board,
finishing with ironstone pitchers and 
an ironstone sugar bowl.

"Plain and Simple Farmhouse Style"
That's what I'm calling my style of decorating. . . .


I was on a roll. . . .
so, I did another. . . .


Can't decide which one I like the best.
The first one has a romantic flavor to it. . . .
The second is plain and simple. . . .
It probably needs some rosemary in the milk pitcher--
or fall leaves--
but I'm partial to it as it is.


I picked up the marmalade crock for 25 cents at a yard sale.
Can you believe it?
One of my favorite pieces.


I've collected the white pitchers for years.
Some are true ironstone. . . .
Some are stoneware. . . .
Some are ceramic. . . .


I'm planning to decorate for fall with mostly white, so while I had the white pitchers out, 
I placed several on the baker's cabinet--with a few white pumpkins. . . .

Now, I'm off to gather supplies to make a Corn Shuck Lady. . . .
I designed and crafted them years ago--ran across this one I made for my Mom--
 just a sneak peek. . . .
I'll be updating them with "whiter" clothing & accessories.
Be sure and watch for the tutorial later this week. . . .

Guess that's about it from The Farm today. . . .
Hope your week is filled with blessings
and you're enjoying this fall weather!!!!!!!

Check out a wonderful interpretation of these vignettes at:
Chateau Chic

Sharing with: * Creative Things Thursday * Share Your Cup Thursday * White WednesdayTweak It Monday

27 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love your enamelware vignette with plates and breadboard.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your farmhouse vignettes...so pretty. The one in the vintage enamel pan really speaks to me. A blogger friend said that she thought my sytle was romantic farmhouse.
I see that we have something in common...I, too, collect white pitchers and some are true ironstone, some stoneware, and some ceramic. I have so many that I've lost count. LOL...
What an adorable corn shuck lady!! Can't wait to see more of them.
Hang in there...you will get your kitchen done. We moved the stove back into mine last night and we have one of our new lights up. Still waiting on the countertops and the farmhouse sink to come in.
Have a great week.
Cindy

Heide at ApronHistory said...

I have a weekness for pitchers...... I love yours!!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I think both of your vignettes are lovely. Every time I look at iron stone I remember that I ignorantly gave a huge set always when I was in my 20's. They had been handed down to me through my brother in laws mom. I didn't know what I had. and gave them away. I miss them now! The was dish pan, reminds me of how I spent the last two years doing dishes, while our kitchen was gutted! So maybe the other is my favorite! ha ha!
Congratulations on your features. Your whites are so lovely.
Blessings,
Susie

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Every thing and every photo is just beautiful!

Chenille Cottage said...

What wonderful autumn vignettes you have arranged! How I love all your old fashioned farmhouse touches.
Your cornhusk dollies are so sweet...and so fitting for the Fall.
Thank you for your thoughtful comment, my dearest friend,
Blessings,
Carolynn

Florida Farm Girl said...

Love that first vignette with the rosemary in the pitcher. Love the smell of rosemary but have never cared for the taste of it.

Unknown said...

Drool!
Wonderful photos and goodies.
Tam

Anonymous said...

Wonderful vignettes, so very pretty. I like how you are going to use white for your autumn decorating. Very nice touch.

blessings, jill

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Your vignettes are gorgeous. I love the plain and simple and the white ironstone. Cute little doll, look forward to the tutorial..Happy Monday..Judy

chateau chic said...

Love your vignettes with the enamelware and ironstone pitchers. Just my style! Simple, yet warm and welcoming!
Mary Alice

Susie said...

Wonderful Blog! Visiting from Tweak it Tuesday Cozy Little House. Now following. Your vignette is really lovely.

Susie at Puddle Jumper Creations

Brenda Pruitt said...

Your vignettes look very warm and cozy. Hey, you've updated on my blog roll!
Brenda

ANNE said...

love your choices and that cute little dundee pot reminds me of my mom :)

Melanie said...

Love the vignettes! They are each lovely!!! Yes, life gets in the way sometimes! I have wanted to checkerboard my kitchen floor too, and I want to paint again, and those countertops...........

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I like both of them

That rosemary makes me want to roast a chicken :)

Anne said...

Beautiful love it all! Especially that Marmalade jar.Holy smokes only .25? I know I will find one eventually.We have one in our antique mall.But for 35.00 I just can't do it.I know if I keep looking I will find one!
xx
Anne

Anonymous said...

Great vignettes, beautiful pitchers. I especially like the rusty/chippy old pitcher.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say, if you visit my blog, make sure to check out the kitchen floor - hubby checkerboarded the old wood floor in black and white, on the diagonal, and it MAKES the kitchen!

{oc cottage} said...

lovely!!!

m ^..^

Anonymous said...

I love the post. Following you on google reader now.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Loving your vignettes...especially the one with the crock (I have one too)!

Debra@CommonGround said...

I love this, the enamel pan is wonderful!!

Elena said...

I love your decorating with the white ceramic. Very pretty and simple!

Keeping It Cozy said...

Love both your vignettes! The colors are so pretty and make me think of all the things I love about fall. I cannot believe you picked up the marmalade jar for that price... what a great find!

must love junk said...

Your vignettes look fantastic! I cannot believe that you found that marmalade crock for .25 cents!!
Susan

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Dru I love your farmhouse style. It might be simple, but if you ask me it's simpy gorgeous! What a find on the marmalade crock! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
Hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...