Friday, March 22, 2013

Features from Country Whites Weekend #4--The White Stuff

I'm not believing this!
It's Thursday. . . .
The sun is shining. . . .It's a beautiful day. . . .It was 60 degrees yesterday. . . .
And, what is the National Weather Service predicting for the afternoon 
and into Friday?

SNOW!
And freezing rain.
I'm in denial. . . .
Just when I thought Winter was over!

Couldn't resist showing you Maggie, though. 
She doesn't live with me. . . .She lives with her Mommy in another state. . . .
Isn't she the sweetest? 

Her Mom (another Cindy) follows The Country Farm Home 
but doesn't have a blog of her own.
 Maggie and Mom wanted me to know they were enjoying the party 
and sent a photo of their Country Whites. . . .never expecting me to post it!
 (I did get permission.)

When the weather man started predicting SNOW, I knew I had to share it. 
Thanks so much Maggie--and Cindy!
Hugs to you both!


Just in case we do get that bad weather, I'm writing this post on Thursday. . . .
will schedule it to come up early Friday morning.
We COULD lose electrical power.
Did I mention, we are very rural?
 

Country Whites Weekend 
 had some exceptional posts this time!
I hope you took a few minutes to see them all. 
Each month the party seems to get better and better.
Cindy and I thank you so much for joining--
and for sticking with us as we build Country Whites Weekend!

We're doing things a little different this time.
Instead of picking our favorites along with the top three most viewed,
we've decided to feature the top five most viewed--with a twist.
Cindy will reveal #4 at Old Time Farmhouse.
I'll reveal #5 here at The Country Farm Home.
You'll have to visit both places!

Honestly, we love every post. . . .makes it so hard to choose.
So, we decided to let you make the choices.


There are a couple of things I need to remind you of. . . .
Please be sure at the next party to have a link 
on your post back to the party.  
Also be sure to link your individual post to the party. . . .not your blog.
There were four participants who had to be disqualified for the features
because the rules weren't followed.
Boo-hoo. . . .
We were disappointed, too.

Cindy and I are so sorry to have to disqualify anyone. . . .
but we have to stick to the rules. . . .It would be unfair to others if we didn't.
So, next time, be sure and check those links!


Ready for the Features?

The #1 Most Viewed Post was:




 Diane is simplifying her dining room. . . .
Her farmhouse style display certainly charmed me! 
If you didn't see it, please check it out.

************

The #2 Most Viewed Post was:

 

 Robin says you can't get much simpler than this! 
A perfect example of Plain & Simple Farmhouse style. 
Love how she followed through with the theme of milk. . . .
We could all take a lesson in simplicity from Robin!

************

The #3 Most Viewed Post was:

APP ~Tammy

 APP ~Tammy

Be sure to take a look at Tammy's newly painted kitchen. . . .
She says she hates to paint, 
but she sure added country charm to that all important room. . . .
If you love farmhouse style, don't miss this!

***********

Cindy has the #4 Most Viewed Post.
You'll have to Hop on  over to  Old Time Farmhouse
to find out who it is. . . .

But first, take a look at
The #5 Most Viewed Post:

 


 

Talk about country farmhouse charm, Elizabeth is certainly displaying it! 
It's simple and sweet. . . .just the right touch for her farmhouse table. 
Hurry over there and take a look!

Don't forget to check on #4 at  

Congratulations to all! 
Be sure to grab this button! 


Country Whites Weekend
begins every third Friday of each month and runs through Sunday night. . . .
You can join the next one on
Friday-Sunday, April 19-21, starting early Friday morning.
Please feel free to paste our button on your blog. . . .

Thanks for a successful weekend!
Hope to see each of you again. 
 Til next month. . .

. . . from my farmhouse to yours. . .



7 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I can't believe I forgot your party. I was going to enter my shabby white crosses.

Unknown said...

Loved the features!
Actually loved all the linky's.
Such a beautiful white party.
Thank you so much for featuring my kitchen.

They are calling for rain and snow here Sunday.
I think I may loose my mind if old man winter doesnt leave soon and Stay Gone!

This has to end eventually, right?

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Tam

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love all of the features Dru. I featured the first one on my blog too. Hopping over to visit cindy. Maggie is so cute! Guess what we had today and yesterday? Yup, that would be snow. Didn't stick and just gave everything a nice drink. Awfully cold though.
hugs,
Jann

Diane said...

Thanks so much for the lovely party and for featuring my simple farmhouse style! It's been quite windy, cold and rainy in the Pacific NW the last few days. Hope your weather is better than you were expecting and I love the doggie photo you shared!

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Dru,
Maggie is so cute!! We are going to get that snow storm here on Sunday and Monday with 5 to 10 inches of snow!! Hope you didn't lose power when the storm came thru your area.
It was another great Country Whites Weekend...and I'll never tell who feature #4 was. LOL... Thanks to you and Cindy for hosting it.
hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for including my wood crate and ironstone in your features. It is always a pleasure to link up and enjoy the other party goers' links.

Chenille Cottage said...

What amazing features, Dru! Each one is spectacular...and reflects our history. There's such beauty in the old things...the hardy things that seem to last forever.
Thank you for sharing, my friend.
Blessings,
Carolynn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...